Saturday, September 11, 2010

Project SNAFU Crenshaw #1

****Evening update: Project Crenshaw may just go with a clear coat as I'm liking the silver.
Who would've guessed?
**
**
**
A couple of days ago I received one of the first complete bikes from my friends at SNAFU & I have to say I'm really stoked to have been chosen to be part of "Project MTB".
Back in 1988 I got my foot in the action sports door as part of the customer service department at GT Bicycles. Part of my job was the occasional random assembly of a complete bike, taking notes of any packaging issues, ease of parts installation, general quality control, blah,blah blah all in hopes of keeping the factories on there toes and the dealers from ringing my phone off the hook because scratches, missing nuts and bolts etc.
Well I did a general mock up assembly of my new Crenshaw and it easily passed the BCM QC.
Now because it's what I do I'm going to make it mine & personalize it a bit and not with a 1/2assed random half empty rattle can out of Dads garage like my team riders used to do.
I still think they did that shit just to piss me off and get me in hot water with the higher ups.
link: WWW.SNAFU

2 comments:

theoldepro said...

man.....the bicycle looks great. would be a fun NYC crusher...hint hint.

AL-DIABLO said...

HELL, I LIKED THE COLOR SCHEME GOING ON. WISH I HAD THE COIN FOR ONE. REALLY DIG THE BIKE. JEALOUS-